Materials guide

This section is for player created guides. No questions should be posted here
Mistral
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Materials guide

Postby Mistral » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:45 am

The chart should be mostly self explanatory. For the weight and stat index I used iron as the baseline to compare against. The numbers are approximations and may not be exact.

I used standard item drops and NPC-sold items to compute the indexes, and I'm still missing data on a few materials. What I need to finish filling it in is the damage or ac numbers and weight for an item. Preferably something common, and preferably armor, since I'm more likely to have a reference item of that type. I can fill in Geminite and copper if I can get stats on a normal axe and wazakashi respectively of one of the elements I have filled in already.

Since HTML is turned off and I can't post links yet because of the anti-spam controls, The post following this one should have the link to it.

DavionFuxa
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby DavionFuxa » Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:46 am

It's amazing what the mind can come up with, but it takes talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Vusanson
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby Vusanson » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:50 am

erm I would advise rechecking most of the weight indexes since I'm pretty sure that zic is the second lightest material, beaten by diamond (which is pure white, by the by).
Ambition is mankind's beginning, middle, and end.
Invincibility is just a word.
What is lost and gain to a spec of sand.
Greetings are useless

insomniac
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby insomniac » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:53 am

hmm, I am looking at this stat index, assuming it means how good its stats are I believe that there is an issue, adamentium being a 2.01 is much better than say beaverite, carmanite and mithril, which are all higher than 2.01, some by a lot. Another thing is, NPC-sold items cannot be compared to other items, sure they are made with certain material but they do not have normal stats and weight, they are fixed amounts. So anything that has had to do with NPC sold items is not comparable to dropped items.

Mistral
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby Mistral » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:25 am

The stat index is purely a comparision of total stats.. it doesn't take weight into account, if that's what you're thinking.

And the midbie crafter items and the newbie warehouse items then aren't standard quality? I just checked the Galaxite legs I got at the newbie warehouse and they are standard quality, 15/15 durability. So are the ruby leggings I got yesterday.

And by Zic do you mean Zircon? My Zircon Amulet is 1.31kg compared ot Lapis's 1.2kg. ALso ZIrcon Hammer is 10.7kg to Lapi Hammer's 9.74kg.

If you mean Zinc, I sold the item I used to get the numbers, so I'd need another set of zinc numbers.

Also, Copper and Titanium updated... the DIamond color fix will go in when I add/fix the next bit of info.

DavionFuxa
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby DavionFuxa » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:49 pm

While I bored and don't really care. If you REALLY want to compare materials; just get a whole line of ingots and use identify scrolls on them. Not only will you get percent breakdown of what individual materials hit, you will get base hardness and weight.

Zuran was planning on making a Material Guide someday and I expect he'll do it this way.
It's amazing what the mind can come up with, but it takes talent to make something of it. - Davion Fuxa

Suvi
Archwizard
Archwizard

Postby Suvi » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:59 pm

I think Mattek's old mineral guide was done like that. Too bad his site has been down for quite many months now.

insomniac
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby insomniac » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:08 pm

fact remains, you compared adamentium to beaverite and beaverite does not have more stats at all. Adamentium is high quality and all physical, close to diamond but weighs more. beaverite on the other hand is not high quality, and does not have higher stats than an adamentium item. same goes with other afore mentioned items. either way beaverite is not over 2x better than adamentium in any way shape or form.

Mistral
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby Mistral » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:44 pm

As far as Adamantium, I ran into someone running around wearing a BS and got the total stat amount from him, which must have been around 140 or so. If you have a non-crafted Adamantium item, feel free to post the total ac or damage stats on it. I did double-check beaverite though, and the person who gave me info last on it must have given me the wrong numbers, so I'll be updating the beaverite index shortly. Carmanite should be right, because I got the numbers personally off a tower shield and compared it to a zircon tower shield, but if you want to find me a carmanite item's stats, I'll double-check. Mithril did need a slight correction, which will be going up at the same time.

The ingot thing sounds like a good idea, but since I don't have a miner character or the money to fork over for some of the more expensive ingots, I'll leave that to someone else.

If there's anything else you feel is wrong, or that I'm missing, just post a non-crafted item's stats of that item type, and I'll fill-in/adjust as necessary. Or someone who has a miner can do the ingot thing and make a better guide, but this is still better than nothing.

Return to “Guides”