The Common Sense Guide

This section is for player created guides. No questions should be posted here
bgvanbur
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

The Common Sense Guide

Postby bgvanbur » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:15 am

Keep the cleric alive so they can keep you alive.

Kill as many creatures in the area before the boss without attracting the boss to attack you. This will give you a place to get regain hp/ep/sp, to apply any buffs and to make sure everyone knows what the plan is. Also, less creatures will be attacking you once you go to attack the boss.

Do not run around while fighting the boss in a party. If you run too far away, the cleric can't heal you. If you run too close to your healer, the boss may attack the cleric. If you need to run, let the cleric run first (if still alive).

When multiple people attack a boss, let the strongest tank go first to make sure the boss attacks the strongest tank.

Always protect your equipment. If its valuable enough to wear, then it is valuable enough to protect.

Don't start wars if you can't handle the consequences.

Zuran
smelly boar
smelly boar

Re: The Common Sense Guide

Postby Zuran » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:18 am

Do not make the Lamex angry.
#include "Snarky_Wit.h"

iphinome
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby iphinome » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:27 am

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Zuran
smelly boar
smelly boar

Postby Zuran » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:35 am

iphinome wrote:Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
#include "Snarky_Wit.h"

Nire
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby Nire » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:19 am

bgvanbur wrote:Do not run around while fighting the boss in a party. If you run too far away, the cleric can't heal you.

This drives me nuts. I'm always having to tell people not to get so far ahead!

TenClouds
smelly boar
smelly boar

Postby TenClouds » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:47 pm

bgvanbur wrote: make sure everyone knows what the plan is.

Man I can't tell you how important this is. I've seen more than one raid fizzle because 1 or 2 people were in a hurry and didn't want to wait for everyone to get in one place and go over the plan. The people still to arrive don't know what's going on and just run in behind the first people.

Make sure your party congregates in a (relatively) safe place and has a plan and an exit strategy.

nillen
smelly boar
smelly boar

Postby nillen » Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 pm

TenClouds wrote:
bgvanbur wrote: make sure everyone knows what the plan is.

Man I can't tell you how important this is. I've seen more than one raid fizzle because 1 or 2 people were in a hurry and didn't want to wait for everyone to get in one place and go over the plan. The people still to arrive don't know what's going on and just run in behind the first people.

Make sure your party congregates in a (relatively) safe place and has a plan and an exit strategy.

Common sense if you just arrived in a party - also ASK what your role needs to be and how long the raid is going to be. Strategy for a "try" raid is different than for a "sure kill" raid. Also you should specify whether you are willing to die and come back in the raid or you're going to get all emotional if people are not healing you and healing other people. Never just assume that the strategy a team has developed is the same as the one you think they are going to do if you didnt ASK them. So my basic advice is - BE HUMBLE. This is a game where there are individuals involved. Maybe your goal is to get xp while their goal is to get experience being in raids. So it's not only about having a strategy as stated above, it's also whether you people are in a raid for the same reasons.

guitarMAN
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby guitarMAN » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 am

DO NOT fight on the assumption that you will not be critted by a monster. TRUST ME ON THIS! I have lost more than 5 mil at once when this has happened, and with that attitude, you WILL BE CRITTED :grr: !

guitarMAN
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby guitarMAN » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:50 am

Don't ever act like you are the boss of a boss raid, because it is a team effort. No one is the boss, we all brain storm for ideas and strategies. People are going to get pissed at you if you act like you are the boss of everything, and eventually, throw you out of the party.

bgvanbur
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby bgvanbur » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:00 am

I have never thrown iphi out of a boss raid. I guess it depends on the player and the number of notches on their urpo belt they have.

:bookworm:

iphinome
slimy wurm
slimy wurm

Postby iphinome » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:37 am

No, but he beats me and locks me in the basement after the raid if I didn't listen to him.

nillen
smelly boar
smelly boar

Postby nillen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:02 pm

guitarMAN wrote:Don't ever act like you are the boss of a boss raid, because it is a team effort. No one is the boss, we all brain storm for ideas and strategies. People are going to get pissed at you if you act like you are the boss of everything, and eventually, throw you out of the party.

don't keep asking to become the leader of the party ;)
no one cares who the leader is as long as everyone follows the right strategy

bgvanbur
stupid goblin
stupid goblin

Postby bgvanbur » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:58 pm

nillen wrote:don't keep asking to become the leader of the party ;)
no one cares who the leader is as long as everyone follows the right strategy

follows the same strategy, since there are several right ways to do something

Return to “Guides”